View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default tires advice - 33" duelers opinion please

?About to order a set of off-road suitable tires finally; after long research I decided to go with 33? set ? I want to keep as close to road performance, acceleration and ride comfort that I have now. I went to Hummer dealer today and consulted the tires & wheels - I plan to get set of five 16" alloy H3 wheels (takes-off's ? assured to be about as nice as new ones), five brand new 285/75/R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires, and five pressure sensors (I will keep my shiny 20? set aside in the garage for now (to put back on when I?ll be selling/trading-in for another Hummer down the road).

I have a question before I?ll pick up the phone and commit to the purchase ? is the Dueler good enough and durable? So far when off-roading in my area, I encountered variety of dirt and debris, sand, gravel, some moderate difficulty rock, parts of destroyed paved roads, not too bad. I may encounter some snow if I?d travel to higher elevations down here in SoCal during the wintertime. I generally drive around the town, and recently started to go weekly off-road for 1/2 day trips or so. Would any M/T tires (still in 33? size) be overkill for my needs? Dueler sounds like a good tough tire that will still be quiet on the road and won?t disappoint in the terrain?

Thanks for your opinion.