View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: tires advice - 33" duelers opinion please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dan
They work great for an AT tire and are very quiet. Ive had no issues with them in the desert and mountains in So CA. We don't have much mud down here so no worries about that.

Is the dealer giving you a good price on the take-off wheels and tires?

If you need more traction just let more air out.

I may get BFG AT's or Toyo MT's when its time for new shoes.

thanks for the info, Dan - sounds as a good tire for my needs then. As for my Hummer dealer's price on tires and rims - the price for rims is fair in my opinion, but the tires are expensive (in comparison to what local discount tire places charge, the dealer wants about 35% more) and they want equally more for other brands such as BFG, but I'd still go with the dealer because it?s a convenience with full warranty, hassle free install, one stop shopping. From my previous experience I believe that they won't give me any crap if I'll damage the tire while off-roading, and will repair or replace for labor cost only. I also don't feel like running around the town and shopping for the cheapest price.

Good to hear that they work even at lower PSI - I'm planning to get some compressed air source on board; either a tank, or maybe compressor ; that could save my butt if I'd get stuck somewhere and needed the extra traction; I have base, non-adventure H3.