View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

subunix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warranty dont cover T-Bar Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Let me make it clear to all, I only mean the front end noise. I do not mean shocks, knuckles, steering, prop shaft, etc., so long as it is just a one or two inch raise of the front end.
If someone raises the front end one or two inches, and a thousand miles later a shock collapses, GM should warranty the item. However, adding more possible stress to a bushing or weld joint....Not too sure.

Oh, and here I will really stretch it, but something that is coming to all of us with the 2008 vehicles.
Scenario....
You crank up the front end two inches, you rear end someone, or have a head on, the H3 goes up and over and causes great bodily harm. Smart attorney, with a great investigator (and I know some fantastic ones that took early outs from GM/Ford and Chrysler in the past few years), who finds the front end was raised by the owner; thus making one hell of a great case for an attorney. Even if the accident was the other persons fault, their, or their relatives attorney could make a case that they would not have had as much damage if the vehicle was at stock height.

In the future, it might be more of a case, since on these high rise vehicles, a device is installed in the front to help prevent the vehicle from going up and over.

we put in a new bar in the front bumper to deal with that issue