View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: off-roading on my new Procomp M/T's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer
nice, ya thats what im doing im moving up but only to 33". Im gonna go with the Bridgestone Dueler all terrains, becuase i need it to stil be covered under my tire warranty. The way everyone in my family goes through tires becuase of nails, that is a major necessaity. How is it wheeling with those compared to the 32's? And about the low haning nerf bars, what i do with mine is i take em on and off. Whenever i head to some places for wheeling that i know i need the extra clearence i jsut crawl under the car and take em off about 30 minutes to get em off. Mine are black though so it doesnt take away from the intesity of the vehicle.

..I originaly wanted 33" Duelers too - but then my dealer offered M/T's for only little more (because they asked fortune for D load Duelers already, so the $ difference was small at that point). Seems that there are several version of Duelers supplied by Hummer (and by dealers as replacement), some are only C load rated ( Dueler A/T RH-S for instance?). I don't know how much it matters, but I'd probably want the stronger one (D load rated) - I saw them in person and they look strong. Yes, the nerf bars are easy to remove and reinstall - driver side has tighter access though but OK. I doubt that I'll reinstall mine, however they possibly prevent dents on the parking lots...so, maybe...but truck looks so much better without them, not to mention 20" of side's vertical clearance now..can't beat that.