View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dan D 2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jet Stage 1 chip update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkyvett
I installed the Jet Module Stage 1 on my 2003 H2 and I love it so far. I did have to trim the plastic cover so it would fit back on after installing the chip. All in all it took about 15 minutes to install and another 5 minutes to trim the cover. (The instructions are pretty useless, not sure why the couldn't have more vehicle specific instructions on the web or something) The effects are pretty immediate. Not sure about the H.P. or fuel yet, but you'll instantly notice how much better it shifts! I didn't tell my wife what I did I just asked her to drive it and see what she thought. She immediatly said that it shifted much smoother and felt lighter. She is not a car person, so for her to notice anything; honestly, floored me!
I got mine on ebay just over $200. Even for just the shifting it's worth it. (At least to me!)
I'll let you know how it does towing. Tomorrow my buddies and I are taking it antelope hunting here in Wyoming. I'll let you know how it does towing all our gear and the camper. I hope it helps because all winter I'll be towing snowmobiles into the mtns. till next time!

Sparky....anxiously waiting your update...I'll be towing an enclosed 4 place snowmobile trailer all winter long myself....don't want to install a chip and then have problems towing.