View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 03:42 AM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

People frequently call 911 with a medical emergency, and then decide to get in their own car and drive to the hospital before units arrive. Does this mean I don't have to continue on the call. The policy where I work is if someone calls 911, then calls back to cancel, we still send a unit to their location to check. Just becuase people are inconsiderate and don't inform them when their "emergency" has resolved itself before the rangers arrive doesn't mean that you can apply that line of thinking to every call. Complacency is a bad thing in my line of work and will get you in a load of trouble. So now you agree with Shaggy and since they've had false calls before it's OK that they treated this like one also. You keep making my point. Thanks. At least 95% of the automatic fire alarms that we go on are false. We still send multiple pieces of equipment and we all run hot to get there. We know it's probably going to be nothing. And it's also a waste of time and resources. But the 5% of the time that it really is a fire it pays off. We treat every call like it's the real thing and don't half-ass routine calls. I think you can see why.