View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rocky Road Supersliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack
Yes, they were superficial, but the bad ones were clearly done at the factory where they were made. The packing was the foam and saran wrap as yat74 said, but mine were heavily wrapped. There were a few chips that I guess could have happened during shipping, from banging against something, but both ends looked like the were being carried and were dropped on a concrete floor and scrapped along while walking. That's what ticked me off. It was clearly just the builder being clumsy and careless. All they had to do was offer me a t-shirt or something and I would have walked away happy. Just bad service. But, like I said, I'd still buy them again. So I guess the jokes on me.

..it's not very cool that manufacturer ships out stuff in less-then-perfect shape, no matter if it is only cosmetic flaw. I think it's your right to do the damage yourself, not have it dented from the factory already. I'm glad that I went with OEM's; they were blemish free, perfectly packaged in the huge carton. I used the carton to store the chrome nerf bars (will come handy when selling the truck, since most "non-elcova" people do like chrome a lot..)