View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 05:43 AM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: front hitch mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex_Ordo
I seem to remember a member here designing a winch mount that was a steel shelf if you will that bolted to the front tow hook mounts, and sat above the license plate to keep the winch higher up and keep the plate intact.

Why not a 2" receiver that mounts the same way?

I really believe that if the tow hook mounts can be utilized, it would make the receiver/hitch/winch, whatever, as strong as it could be for the truck since it will be directly mounted to the chasis/frame.
The Hooks can be reattached in the same location. We'd probably need to use slightly longer grade 8 bolts to complete the task.

I posted a question to memebr CrisB, who is the guy that designed a really awesome looking winch mount. It is listed in the Classifieds thread. Maybe he'd be interested in making a modification of his winch mount into a 2" receiver mount for the front of the truck?

That was a very good mount, and I liked that you could take it off too, Chris B. did have to do a couple of mods to prevent it flexing, but all and all a good design. If it came down to making a mount with a receiver like that, I would just get the winch mount.

After seeing the front hitch mount sitting so low, I am starting to think that I should just go back to looking for a good winch mount/bumper.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron