View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Own the 08' Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk29
After logging some 6,000 miles on my 08' it is becoming more apparent that it's a major improvement over my 05' I will admit at first i did not like the dash and seats, and other associated items, but after putting some miles on it, the dash is more user friendly (other than the HVAC controls which are way too small) and the seats give you better support than the old cushy ones. The steering ratio is improved for quicker response, and it rides 100% better and more quiet inside. Overall a solid truck compared to my rattle prone 05' As the engine is breaking in, it seems to be quicker off the line now and have better throttle response. I know it stops better too because of the crazed deer in my area seem to enjoy running out in front of my truck for no apparent reason. Wife likes the 08' way better too, going from a 03' denali to my 05' yellow h2 she thought the yellow h2 was just plain silly. (read..mid life crisis) Overall a much improved version (not perfect) of the old truck with a solid soft ride, better safety features, and a dash that adds a little class.

I have to concur, I've got just a tad over 2K miles on my 08 and I love it. The interior is a huge improvement over the prior years, the engine/tranny combo is sweet and the added power is great. Not to mention that awesome stock exhaust rumble it has. I am glad I pulled the trigger on the 08. I don't miss my 06.

After riding in my 08, my dad traded in his 06 SUT for an 08 SUV....yes...he left the SUT...said it just wasnt practicle for him.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett