Thread: Sunday 11-25-07
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sunday 11-25-07

Just turned on my computer to see a weather statement about the first freeze hitting us tonight. I had been procrastinating on my cold frames for about a week now. We were only supposed to get down to the 40s, suddenly the forecast changed. Darnit. I have these great PVC frames over 6 beds but there's no way I can rig up my plastic sheeting this afternoon that fast, especially if the current wind chill is in the upper 30s. I'm not a cold weather person and I'm not going to leave the heated indoors, especially for a bunch of freakin plants. Gonna have to cover it in sheets and hope for the best. Supposed to be back into the 70s by mid week, I'll get the frames ready then. And by doing so, assure that there will be no more freezes this year.

Convinced hubby to finish painting the garage as well - it's a miracle to pry the XBox controller out of his hand at any given time, especially on a day off. But my dad (who was over for Thanksgiving) got the wall primed and the first coat of red on while hubby was at work, and he loved it when he saw it yesterday. I guess that was enough motivation. The rest of the garage is a light tan, then we have this one wall a bright red where the black and diamond-plate chrome cabinets are going to go. That room is gonna rock.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, time to sort through the Christmas decor as well and see what goes where. Moving to a new place can suck - we had everything tailored to the old house as far as lights go (about 70 strands), so the first year in the new place is going to take a while figuring out a new setup. That's also part of the fun, tho. Once it warms up, of course.

Stacy