View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 02:59 AM
Lex_Ordo

Default Rear trim molding... Help

Okay so this is one of the many reasons I'm happy there are forums for Hummers.

This is the situation, I have a 2006 H3, the rear plastic roof/side moldings, or trim, that comes down to the rear taillight assemblies was having an issue.

There is a rubber gasket that sits between the plastic trim and the body. This gasket was peeling away, and I brought it to the dealer for a warranty replacement.
When I got the truck back, it looked like all they did was peel the rest off, and left the plastic trim making contact with the body.
When I brought this to their attention they said, that this was the part that they received. I told them that it was not complete and they would have to get another.

I spoke with the parts man today, and he told me that he had received the new parts in and they also had no rubber gaskets.

He stated further that he did speak with GM, and they(GM) redesigned the part to be manufactured now without the gasket. Something about cost efficiency.

WELL. I'm looking at the replacement piece that is on the truck now, and it looks like crap!!!
So here is the poop. Can anyone who is invloved in the design area of GM that reads this board advise me if this is true, and how we can make the truck's rear trim molding look better?
It was great before and made the trim look finished. Now it really looks like junk, and even gives the appearance that something is broken or missing.

Is there a part number for both the left and right to give to the dealer, that gives us the molding trim with the gasket, and moreover, are they available?

Please someone help me with this.

See how jagged the piece looks without hte gasket? It just looks unfinished.

This is the piece with the gasket. More uniform, straight, and looks better to the eye.

Last edited by Lex_Ordo : 11-30-2007 at 07:01 PM.