View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

bullsnake is on a distinguished road
Default What would you do?

As a few of you know, I recently purchased a '96 wagon, and am considering getting an '04-'06 Wagon or soft top. The '04 wagons have kinda dried up over the last few months and I'm still not sure about making the big-dog jump to the Alpha. My question is this, I can get by with what I have now, and the wife is still having a little bit of a time swallowing TWO H1's in the drive. I'm thinking about just cutting loose the idea of another H1 until the right one lands in my lap, and spending up to $20-30,000.00. to upgrade the '96 that I have to an awesome trail rig. If I was to do this, what would some of your suggestions be as far as improvements? I am definitely a "function" kinda guy so I'm not interested in 22's and a kickin' stereo. Reliability is first, followed by function. How 'bout half shafts? any engine mods? Transmission concerns? I'm leaning more this way every day-my wife is getting a little impatient with me and all of the time I've been spending on ebay, cars.com, adventure hummer, and all of the other classified sites

Thanks for everyone's opinions!!