View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 03:41 AM

ARH1956 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by ckhagman:
As for my opinion I think most of the frustration comes from this statement that I have heard from countless people that I have met (no one hear btw just people in public), "I have always wanted a Hummer, so when the H2 came out I was able to get one." Someone who waits 10 years (like I did) to buy the truck they wanted and then bought an H2 or H3. There is nothing wrong with that but it almost gives the impression that some just wanted the name plate. There is nothing wrong with it, it just happens. Again this is my observation from people I meet out in public that have no clue what Hummer ownership is about and not the people that I know on-line and have wheeled with.
This is exactly opposite of my case. I was so glad when the H2 arrived I sprinted to the dealer to buy one. I kept my H1 for several months to check the off road capabilities of the H2, then it was gone. The H2 is far more comfortable, powerful, roomy & as capable in all "SUV" activities. Sure my H1 was superior in certain hard core off road situations I faced but inferior in every on road venue, LOL.
Now that I've driven an Alpha 1 the power problem with H1's is history & the latest interiors are more comfortable, still no room though. I'm missing the open top however & am going to buy an Alpha 1 soon. But it won't displace my H2, it's a keeper until GM drops the Duramax package in the H2.