View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cummins into a H1?

The price for the conversion is 29K (starting). Dont quote me, but I believe they do supply the engine, and rebuild the rest of the drivetrain. They supply and install everything else for the 29K. 94+ is the year that the transmission change took place, you will want the four speed. I'd opt for the Allison myself.
The 24 valve engine is not physically harder to install. All of the computers that are required to run one is where the headaches begin.
The change on the engine cover is not visible in the photo's. It is located on the interior of the truck, under the doghouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickT916
do you know what year they offered the 24 vavle? so you would beed a 4-5 inch body lift on either 12 or 24, and why is 24 valve harder to fit in? The pictures they i saw on their site is that the custom engine you are talking about, boxes like cover.

For $25,000 they provide the engine or do you know if you have to get the engine and provide them with all the components and then they do everything from there? Im thinking what if you just bring them the rolling hummer and if for $25k they provide the engine and do all the work then it sounds reasonable.

One more thing, i dont remember but do most hummers or atleast hummers that are 90+ do they come with same tranny?

-007=