View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by BABHUMV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike E:
Babhumv, where did you install the two units in the dash? Also, I would like to attempt it myself, how would you rate the difficulty of the project? Keep in mind I'm not an electical pro. Aslo, where did you ground it? I think they mentioned something about not grounding it on that metal bar behind the radio.

When you get the panel off you will find tons of room behind there. I stashed the units to the right of the radio, between the radio and glove box. I used the power to the power outlets and used that ground also. Just tapped into the wires. I did it before the Holister Hills trip and it worked flawlessly. 4 hours up and 4 hours back. I did not want to tap into anything related to the radio because it is integrated with the onboard computer and feedback could cause a problem. The power outlets are just that, constant power at the dash. I still need to figure out the accessory wire though. Hope this helps.

And by the way THANK YOU BuzzH3 and FROGGY69ER for starting the thread and being the 1st to try it. It works and seems to be a solid, clean, excellent sounding, & fairly low cost way to integrate the Ipod. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem. I have learned so much from this forum that it's nice to give a little info back.

I just have to get around to installing my setup, which is the aux input and the Harman Kardon Drive + Play. I have a 2 year old boy and a 7 week old girl, so I don't get much time for anything. I'm hoping to get it done this weekend.

I would also like to know (f5fstop, kodiaz, anyone..) if there is a RAP acc power line that is safe to tap into near the radio.