View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

WikidPete is off the scale
Default 2008 H2 - Strange Encounter

Ok so a little background on this. I've had my H2 for about 9 months and it has approx 10k miles and still love it even with this weird encounter.

So I took a trip from Northern California to Arizona to pick up my military 3/4 ton trailer from the USMC Station in Arizona. I was towing the uhaul Auto trailer to load the 3/4 ton military trailer. As I was driving down I5 in the middle of the night I started encountering this weird issue. The speedometer kept fluctuating and the transmission seemed like it was stuck in 2nd gear, every warning light came on. This all happened all of the sudden like it was possessed. Pulled over stopped and restarted the car again thinking it will reset the computer.. Yet it felt like the transmission was stuck and wouldn?t switch gear as I speed up. Some of the warning light went out but a few still stayed on. I called onstar to find out what options I had being stuck in the middle of nowhere towing an empty trailer. They said that I need to bring it to the nearest Dealer.

So I?m trying to figure out what to do and it?s like 2am in the morning by now. I decided to try limping along the highway to the nearest exit and low and behold the transmission was switching gears fine again. I kept it under close watch as I continued my trip to AZ at this point the only error light was the check engine light. I kept checking everything after each gas stop and didn?t seem to see any weird issues.. As I got closer to Arizona the check engine light suddenly disappeared during one of the gas stops. The trip back I encountered no issues, like it never happened.

The only thing I did notice was the Transmission was running around 175F and at one point it hit 200F.

Sorry for the lengthy post.. Any of you guys encounter anything strange like this? I?m taking it in next week for them to check it out. I asked if they can pull the error codes from On-Star. They say that they can?t. That is weird..

Anyways still a great Truck!!