View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So whats the weirdest thing youve ever eaten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
We are going to a seafood restaurant tonight where one of their specialities is an eel soup that they cook on the table right in front of you - by dropping live eels into a pot and slowly bringing it to the boil - pictures of fleeing screaming westerners to follow.

OMG, that happened to us in Hong Kong. The large table next to us (family with kids) had a lazy susan in the center with a big fish bowl. In the bowl were live frogs and shrimp. Every so often the waiter would come over and pour something from a bottle into the bowl. I thought it was just a center piece. Long story short ... the lazy susan was actually a heat plate .. and the waiter was adding something like wine or vermouth. The shrimp and frogs were jumping trying to get out. Soon they slowed down. The waiter then spooned the cooked frogs and shrimp onto the plates and the people just slurped them up.

Also, I saw some of you list (cow's) tongue and conch. Conch is like a staple in S. FL .. I had that daily for years. I've had lots of tongue, too ().. don't get the wrong idea ok? ROFLOL. Tongue has a weird texture.

I've traveled a lot through the years, so have had lots of weird stuff. I'm not afraid to try foods of the locals.