Thread: Hi to all
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi to all

Went for a test drive in the H3 Alpha and loved it, but after a week or two of pondering, and the good deals they are making on the Hummers with gas prices up, I ended up with a slate blue adventure package H2 SUT and put my 1200 tax rebate back into the American economy. Lynch Hummer knows Hummers and it was a great, no pressure, sales experience.
As some of you old timers may remember I had one of the very first H3s in 2005 (in the days when you were just glad to get one and paid sticker or even a little more) and took a 6,200 mile roundtrip from MO to Kluane National Park, in the Yukon Territory in 2005 in the H3. It was one of the best times in my life, and Kluane might be one of the loveliest parks in the world. You can go two or three days and not see another soul or car in the park, except for a moose and a rare bear...nature at its best and a dream land for any 4x4er.
It's one area in North America where a cell phone won't work for several hundred miles - so you're really on your own. I could have written pages on the wonderful people I met in Whitehorse.

I loved Banff and hope to meet again with the Hummer group in Calgary. This year I hope to repeat the trip 3 years from the original, only in early August (warmer, dryer and more sunlight than September) with the H2. With the lowered mileage on the H2 and increased gas costs I've factored in a few extra bucks. I'm even thinking of packing along extra headlights - because there are lots of gravel roads in the Yukon.
My old H3 is doing well with my son in Colorado! Fstop, how the heck are you?
Attached Images

Last edited by HummerJim : 05-11-2008 at 05:25 PM.