View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Barack Hussein Obama - 50 Lies and Counting

Part 2...

26. I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois. The ?supporter? who said Obama was not bold was actually a Republican state senator. Whether Obama was a bold leader is a value judgement left for the reader. He did some good work on healthcare and criminal justice in Illinois.

27. I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year. Untrue accusation, which also contradicts claim #36.

28. No One Contacted Canada About NAFTA. The Canadian embassy contacted Mr. Goolsbee in his civilian role, not the other way around. The statement is imprecise, though.

From: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...afta-gate.html

?It?s now clear that a Canadian news report that started this flap wasn?t accurate. No evidence has surfaced to show that any Obama ?staffer? telephoned the Canadian ambassador in Washington, and all concerned deny that any such conversation took place. But it is equally clear that Obama?s senior economic adviser did visit Canada?s consulate in Chicago on Feb. 8, and that NAFTA was one of the several topics discussed.?

29. I Am Tough On Terrorism. Sen. Obama did not vote for the resolution designating the Iranian group a terrorist organization because he did not want to give George W. Bush an excuse to start another war.

30. I Am Not Acting As President Yet. Not sure what it means to be ?acting as President? when you?re a candidate. In any case, the FARC accusation is false. It?s a false quotation.

31. I Didn?t Run Ads In Florida. Obama advertised on national cable. Some adverts would be seen in Florida due to inability of disabling that from happening. The decision was cleared beforehand through the South Carolina DNC head as required by DNC rules. The Herald Tribune wrote, ?Obama?s campaign launched national television advertisements on CNN and MSNBC that are shown in Florida ? and ?Obama?s campaign spokesman Bill Burton disputes the pledge was broken. He said the campaign asked CNN and MSNBC to pull Florida from the ad buy, but the networks said they could not.? From: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...NEWS/801230668

32. I Won Michigan. Sen. Obama never claimed to win Michigan; he wasn?t even on the ballot there. He mistakenly said ?Michigan? in one interview when discussing the states he had won, but it was a gaffe. Clearly tired, he also called the interviewer by the wrong name.

33. I won Nevada. Sen. Obama never claimed to win Nevada, although he did get one more delegate from the state due to the rules for proportionally allocating delegates by voting district. From USA Today, ?Obama said in a statement released by his campaign around 6:15 p.m. ET that he came from 25 points behind and nearly beat Clinton today because he did well across all of Nevada ? ?including rural areas where Democrats have traditionally struggled.?? From:http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...9-nevada_N.htm

34. I Want All Votes To Count. Sen. Obama wanted the primary votes to count according to the rules everyone (including Senator Clinton) agreed to in the beginning.

35. I Want Americans To Decide. It?s not Sen. Obama?s fault that some states use caucuses to choose their delegates and others use primaries. Caucuses may be less representative, but this is the way states like Iowa and Nebraska do their voting. He has won big victories in primaries (e.g. Virginia, Wisconsin, Louisiana) as well as caucuses.

36. I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate. - LIAR, you passed 26, most of which you didn?t write yourself. Quotation is false. In addition, the number 26 is the number of bills he passed in his last year ALONE.

37. My Campaign Was Extorted By A Friend. No idea what this is about. Accusers give no details, evidence, reference.

38. I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics - LIAR, you used tactics to eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you. Alice Palmer held Obama?s seat in the Illinois state senate before him, and she decided she wanted to run for the spot again after his first term. However, she was unable to get enough legitimate signatures to run for the seat.

39. I Don?t Take PAC Money. Obama has not accepted PAC money directly or indirectly in this election. According to Factcheck.org: ?We?ve seen no evidence that Obama is not adhering to the letter of his pledge.? From: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...-ing_heat.html

40. I don?t Have Lobbysists - LIAR, you have over 47 lobbyists, and counting. Obama never made that statement. His statement is that he does not employ federally registered lobbyists and his administration will not include any. That statement is correct.

41. My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad. The author of the 1984 ad was not a campaign worker of the Obama campaign. The author of the ad was exposed to be Phillip de Vellis of Blue State Digital. See: http://www.bluestatedigital.com/2007...984_video.html

42. My Campaign Never Took Over MySpace. Author makes a completely nonsensical claim that Obama?s campaign ?took over? MySpace which is A) not true and B) technically not possible without criminal activity.

43. I Inspire People With My Words - LIAR, you inspire people with other people?s words. Sen. Obama made use of similar words from a speech given by his friend and supporter, Governor Deval Patrick of Massachussetts. He has inspired people with plenty of other words before.

44. I Have Passed Bills In The U.S. Senate. Sen. Obama has passed several important bills and amendments in the U.S. Senate. Information is available on the US Senate website.

45. I Have Always Been Against Iraq. Sen. Obama has consistently opposed the WAR in Iraq. Unlike the author of the list, Obama does not believe that funding of the troops should be cut immediately without being able to ensure a safe and orderly redeployment. As Obama explained: ?Once the bus is in the ditch, there are only so many ways to get it out.? (for quote see: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...fronts/?page=2)

46. I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care. ?Universal healthcare? is defined as ?healthcare that is available universally.? Obama?s plan makes healthcare universally available. Take a look at his plan and judge for yourself: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

47. I Only Found Out About My Investment Conflicts Via Mail. No evidence for this accusation - it is unclear what it is referring to.

48. I Am As Patriotic As Anyone - LIAR, you won?t wear a flag pin. The author assumes that everyone has to wear a flag pin to be patriotic. I love this country and I don?t wear one ? do you? You could at least hear him out: http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck..._a_patriot.php

49. My Wife Didn?t Mean What She Said About Pride In Country. Michelle Obama said she was proud of her country. Her statement did imply that she had been less proud before than she is now. I know I was a little less proud of my country when its government started torturing people and invading countries for no reason.

50. Wal-Mart Is A Company I Wouldn?t Support. Sen. Obama does not support Wal-Mart?s policies. TreeHouse is not ?affiliated with? Wal-Mart. The latter is a customer of TreeHouse. Michelle Obama has left TreeHouse. It should be noted that while Obama is not lying as the author suggests, even this type of ?connection? with Wal-Mart should be considered bad in the opinion of yours truly.

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008