View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 04:57 AM
Elcova Newbie

tomgcherry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Towing H3 behind motorhome?

AlphaDriver...

ALL I KNOW is that the Tech Support Person that I talked to at Brake Buddy UNEQUIVICALLY said NOT to use my Advantage Brake Buddy Controller (or ANY BRAKE BUDDY SYSTEM) with the 2008 H3 with the Electric Assist Braking system. I also talked to one of the "other" manufacturers and THEY explained that the Electric Assist Braking was "hot wired (Fused)" and ALWAYS on. Therefore, it was NOT possible to regulate the Brake Buddy's controller with the Hummer. There are Horror Stories (maybe they Maladjusted their Brake Buddy) on the other RV forums about Brake Buddy systems (and OTHERS) Locking up the wheels and putting flat spots on the tires...ruining them. I do NOT doubt your success...and I only post this based on what the Tech Support folks at Brake Buddy told me. One of the other systems (Roadmaster?) also has a pressure reducing valve to reduce the pedal pressure. Brake Buddy said that some folks were turning down the pressure on the Brake Buddy, but that would NOT work. I have used my Brake Buddy Advantage for 2 years WITHOUT any problems on my Ford Explorer, however, Brake Buddy said that if I used it on my new Hummer H3, that THEY would NOT be responsible...

The rest of your post is very informative...I decided after researching the baseplates that the Blue Ox is the EASIEST and BEST Base Plate. The Roadmaster requires a Hatchet Job on the skid plate. Your comments about the lighting is also right on...that is why Blue Ox is the way to go.

Thanks,

Need some of the techies to explain this to us...