View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My last 5 tanks of gas

I agree! I'm sick and tired about hearing oil prices on TV 24/7. It's gone up, the oil commodities and futures traders are making a fortune at our expense and their is more oil available this 4th in the US than last year and less being used.. go figure.
The Hummer IS A LIFESTYLE and a statement! I rented an H3 on a business trip from Avis and bought one the next week. Now I'm in the H2 and getting close to 13 mpg, but I really don't care, because I have so much fun with it. I filled up the tanks on my boat for the 4th of July weekend - $723, that would run my Hummer for a long time and I get daily pleasure from the Hummer and it's far more reliable than the boat - this hole in the water that I throw money into way too often.
I'm not going to let the traders or the camel drivers change my lifestyle. There is a lot more oil out there than they want us to believe! I'm six foot four and I could never be comfortble in a Yaris or a Fit, much less I could never haul all the "stuff" for the boat in it & I definitely wouldn't look forward to driving one.

Hummer, like nothing else