View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone wheel their H3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp
Ummm, before you go running around getting defensive, maybe you should look at the undercarriage of an H3 and it will speak for itself. The bottom is not even close to being flat on an H3 and there are way too many things to get hung up on.

...and you still have the rear solid axle so your mud argument doesn't even help. A 4x4 pickup will mud as good as an H3 if all other parameters are equal. We are talking extreme wheeling here and the H2 will leave the H3 stranded when things get really tough. If you talking about trail riding like most people offroad their hummers, then that's a different story.

I am talking "wheeling" like you see my H2 here:
http://www.*******club.com/forum/vie...php?f=2&t=7688

Bebe knows what I am talking about - she has wheeled the crap out of her H3

The H2 can fit 37 tires from the factory and if you know anything about wheeling there is a HUGE difference in wheeling between 35s and 37s. The H2 is also very flat on the bottom with nothing to get hung up on.

The, the H2 has had the capability for a front locker since it's beginning

Like I said, I own both so there is nothing for me to gain by telling you the H2 will out wheel an H3

All I am saying is the H3 has lots more things protruding on the bottom to get hung up on

Who in the world is getting defensive? I asked you a question, and in no way was it argumentative or defensive. Now, however, I WILL get defensive and tell you nothing pisses me off more than people who read something and twist it in their head to be negative or however they wish to portray it.

Yes, I HAVE looked at the undercarriage of an H3, infact I've looked at the undercarriage on all HUMMER's, I'm not retarded and I'm not speaking out of my ass. Don't pretend your H2 is like an H1 and all flat, it's NOT, and it has nearly as much to get hung up on as an H3. Sure the H3 has spring hangers and everything associated with leaf springs and the crossmembers aren't flush with the outer frame but that's what undercarriage protection is made for. The H2 has nearly as much in the rear axle area, from the sway bar to shock mounts. On both the H2 and H3 those components level off to the bottom of the pumpkin.

My "mud arguement" (and again, I don't know why you're defensive and consider my OPINION an ARGUEMENT) is valid, and it was refering to The rubicon over an H2 and H3. I've done more mudding than rock crawling, and from my personal experience I've seen Jeep's and other SFA's getting stuck where I just wiggled through with less resistance.

You still haven't answered WHY you feel the H2 did better than an H3 on similar trails. I want to know WHY, clearance isn't that much better, the angles are similar, the H3 has better gearing...

My initial question was purely from my own ignorance on the H2 and it's capabilities since I've never wheeled one and I was asking those who have had the luck to wheel both WHY and WHERE they felt the H2 did better. You twisting my words like I was being some smartass or being defensive is completely uncalled for.

P.S. I like how you edited your post and removed the "OWNED" image. Very mature of you.

Last edited by RazM : 08-05-2008 at 09:46 PM.