Thread: Alpha Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

rck0025 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alpha Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
That's on the 3.5L though. I don;t think GM has a performance exhaust for the Alpha yet. I should have the magnaflow on this next week. I wanted to wait for Corsa but for some reason that haven;t responded to ANY of my EMails. I have had CORSA exhaust on a few of the H2's. Great quality, great sound, no interior drone. I'm hoping the magnaflow is like this too.

My uncle has corsa on his vette, and I love the sound. Just FYI I did hear some negative things about the magnaflow exhaust. But of course its all hear - say. I haven't heard anything about the gibson exhaust. I'm a little befuddled looking under the Alpha (most of my automotive experience is with sport cars) and seeing what appears to be a resonator? and a muffler tacked on to the main pipe (which we measured at 2.25 or 2.5 inches). What about a custom job that runs a 3 inch pipe with a single high-flow muffler? I would think you could get away with that cheaper than a cat back and with higher performance. But of course, I'm just brainstorming.