View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stopped by to say good bye.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
No, oil and gas WILL fall. The smart "experts" think so. E.g., http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/yourlife/98378
It's already HAPPENING.

What I meant is as a whole, gas prices will go up. They may drop to 2.75 (example) a gallon according to your expert but it will eventually go up through the natural progression of the economy.

When I was younger, gas was less than a buck for a gallon. It has NEVER gone down.... sure it has it's spikes and drops but inflation will keep pushing it up.

What I'm saying is even if gas was to drop for example to 2.75, inflation will make the price rise and soon it will be 3 or 4 dollars a gallon.

Come back to this thread and tell me when gas hits and stays at 2 bucks a gallon. It'll never happen....

For the quantity of oil we have stockpiled in this country, gas shouldn't be over 2 bucks a gallon.

Anyway, it wasn't just the gas, it was the 2500 in car payments, the 103K miles, etc, etc.

Tim, (ttkresurfacing) on this forum is a good friend of mine. He has a little bit more mileage than I do and he hasn't had the best of luck keeping his truck running. Every week it's something. I just figured while my truck was in next to perfect shape, I'd let it go before I started to have problems.

Mark