Thread: Maintenance
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Hummer Novice

AC HUM1 is on a distinguished road
Default Maintenance

I have a 2002 H1 and decided to do my own maintenance to save some dough, so I ordered a service package of filters and crap from bluehummer.com.

Over the weekend I decided to change my oil and was going to do the fuel filter too but didn't when I ran into a problem. I used 2 gallons of Shell Rotella T 15w40 with a Wix oil filter which came with the service pack. After getting the oil done, I fired it up and it ran fine for just about a minute. Then I climbed out and it went dead. I figured it was the oil filter filling up, so I tried starting it back up and it wouldnt fire up. I checked the oil level and it is right at the "p" in the word operating range on the dipstick. Is that overfilled or is this normal? After a bit I started it back up and it went dead again, though the 3rd time I tried it, it ran fine. No matter what I do the oil level isn't falling between the operating range.

What should the oil pressure gauge be reading? I must have never paid it much attention as it seems to fluctuate alot, it seems to be staying right below half.

Any ideas if I overfilled this sucker and why the heck would it go dead like that?