Thread: Changing to 2wd
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: Changing to 2wd

Basic idea as to how to do it the least expensive way is to buy a manual tranny, transfer case, and some alterations of other parts. Buy something out of same year 3/4 ton GM truck. Your 2 to 4 shifter will come up tight next to middle console but, causes no gas pedal problems. There is room on left to install a clutch pedal bracket etc. The tranny shifter will fit right in the space where the auto shifter was.

I'm assuming it could be done with auto tranny but, if I were going to do it I would only do it to get manual tranny and look at a 6 speed with short throw shifter.

Once others showing SUV's catch up to the wild stuff Dragon and I have done it is my plan to go this route to set us out front again. You get lot's of points for true custom and especially one of type stuff. We keep small goals lined up out in the future to try and be different as well as ahead. So for shows would be the main reason I would look at but, if you could get a 6 spd tranny in 2wd it would improve mpg allot.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges