View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

TripWire is off the scale
Default Re: Another snorkel installed thread...North America though

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky
What about like waterproofing the electronics, the breather for the tranny the rest of the problem areas...?

RYD,
Yeah we ran out of time last night, but yes...we are putting new tubes on the mentioned components and moving them up to airbox. We are going to seal some or all of the elctronics as well. Move fuse / relay box into marine container and seal (although it will have lid and still be accessible), and something similar for pcm / tcm, and I thought there was something else we had to address but I dont remember off top of head what that was.
The biggest problem will be the doors. I've been trying some difft pressure seals (like the kind used around boat or submarine hatches) but the problem is then you cant close door without massive effort. If there was a groove all the way around, maybe. Well its a work in progress. Doubt I'll ever get it 100% sealed, but we're gonna try to make it least ford a "bit" deeper.
We're wondering about the ECM/TCM. Have to see if it gets hot or needs air...it looks like one big heatsink. If not, either box it or bring to interior behind glovebox up high where my current BCM is residing (already drowned one).