View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My h2's done with

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_p
Well im not wanting to buy used so the fj i would get will be good, i think you are misinformed on reliability becasue toyota has a great reputation of making solid and reliable products, i know the h3 is far better off road but like i said before the whole time i had my h2 i used the angles that hummer has to offer only on one occasion and it was at a hummer even in texas, Im in louisiana there is not much that cant be driven over or simply around out here. Like i said before the most offroading i do is simply hitting the beach for a ride and possably doing some trail type off road stuff. As far a heavy mud ive seen what it does, and thats tear up all kinds of stuff. And i dont think ill be climbing shelves like i did up in barnwell with my h2. I still love hummer infact today when i was unpacking all my stuff from it at the dealer there were moment that i felt like i was loosing a pet (Some will understand some wont). I hate to see it go but it has gotten to the point that i dont trust it mechanicaly (Not say this about all hummers, i did a fair amount of abuse to mine but i think it was a lemon)

Toyota's whole "reputation" is based on their excessive marketing that constantly bombards people into believing their cars are something special. The figures show otherwise.

Just a little tidbit, the platform the FJ was built on is the Prado, and it had the same issues of ripping body panels. There's no guarantee that the new FJ's are reliable, and some people have even been having their frames rip at the crossmembers.

Something is up with these vehicles, and Toyota is trying to sweep it under the rug until they stop producing the FJC. They've already cancelled any updates to it. I wouldn't step into one personally...