View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My h2's done with

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_p
Im getting 13 for it as is, i know its low but i dont ever see me getting above 18 for it, And it only gets older and more miles. Its smarter for me to get something new, even though i realy want my hummer.

look at http://forums.landroverworld.org/ for info on LR3's. You'll find out what goes wrong with them, what they do to off road them, what kind of off roading they do, and what mods can be done to them. LR3's are known for their electrical issues and air bag malfunctions. Those known issues don;t make it a bad truck...and of course most owners on a HUMMER forum are going to bag on the LR3....it's not a HUMMER.

They do ride nice as a DD, easy to park, If you get the HD package you get a rear locker and yes, they do wheel. you can get the Goodyear MTR's now in teh US in teh 19' size that the LR3's rims come with, and there are al kinds of bumper, skids you can get too. So you can wheel them!!!! It will not compare to how your H2 rides on road or of, but overall I think it's a nice comfrtable vehicle. When you take your LR in for service, you get a LR for your rental EVERY time too...unlike GM where they you whatever $hitbox is laying around. 15K off sticker is everywhere on these leftover 08 LR3's and 09's are starting to come down as well.

If it were and was getting out of HUMMER, and wanted something that I could take to teh beach and moderate off road once or twice a year, that LR3 would be a great choice. But don;t count on fuel economy being much better that a stock H2.