View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Hummer Novice

EastTexan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2 Inch Lift on H2.

I have had half a dozen Chevy trucks that I just cranked the torsion bars on, including two 2500HDs, and they did okay. On my 2005 2500HD I installed the Cognito Motorsports leveling kit (2 - 3") with the shock extensions and Bilsteins, and now I have a solid 12" clearance under the front skid plate with 33" tires and love the ride quality.

Tomorrow on my 2008 H2 SUV Lux I am having installed some keys ($90 w/ s&h off ebay, with shock extensions), (I know now that I should have just bought the GM green leys and skipped the extensions), and 2" rear spring spacers ($42 w/ s&h off ebay). I told the installer to just raise the front 2" and leave off the shock extensions. Of course I will also have it aligned.

I am sticking with the stock 35" tires until they need replacing, and am leaving off the shock extensions.

I like the factory rake. Besides, without the rake, when you put a load on, it would look like the rear end was sagging.

If I don't like the ride or vibration or something else doesn't jive I will take the next step - the Cognito Motorsports leveling kit (2 - 3").