View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Elcova Newbie

snowflake is on a distinguished road
Default Re: head replaced SECOND TIME

Haven't been around for a while. I have a '06 Green H3. Build date is 11/05. At 35,000 miles engine light went on. Then went out a few days later. I thought it was bad gas. Then at 36,000 came on again and stayed on, so I made an appointment to get it looked at. Then it went out again. I kept the appointement. My dealer reported that the #3 cylinder had 70% leakage and the head needed to be replaced.

He said, they are on back order for three weeks because the replacement heads they were using were also defective. There were 15 H3's ahead of me, so they were doing about 1 per day. He said to keep driving it unless the light came back on and started flashing. The light stayed out the whole time. It's not burned out either, because it does light when I turn the key.

Yesterday was my appointment. Dropped it off at 8:00 a.m and picked it up at 5:00 p.m. The service person said, this is the new improved head, so it shouldn't leak anymore. He said, it's warranted until the end of the original factory warranty - 50,000 miles. I asked, what if it goes out again, lke the other replacement heads? He said, they would try to work with me. How are others getting the 100,000 mile warranty? If this was fixed, then GM should feel confident that even with the 100,000 mile warranty, it would come into play.

Last edited by snowflake : 03-18-2009 at 01:09 PM.