View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where are all the wheelers?

After wheeling both pretty hard (east cost forrests and rocks only) my opinion is that the h2 can make it nearly everywhere the H1 can besides deep fording and big ledges (h2 dosent have the approach angle). I could barely make it up that waterfall in the photo. Im not sure if the h2 could w/o stacking rocks. I have the MM winch so about 72 deg approach angle.

Geared hubs, and instant torque from the diesel also add to far more traction from the start. Which leads to less wheel spin and sliding around.

H2 beats the h1 in comfort by miles and people carrying capacity.

Heck the h2 will fit 37's in stock form...but the h1 will fit 38.5's...and with a 2" body lift 41's..no gearing or parts upgrades required!!

As far as an h2 outwheeling an h1, tsall driver if that were the case.

Also h1 is easier to see out of (opentop at least vs h2sut), especially the back, and the h2 will definatley flip quicker on a side slope, and h1 feels more nimble when weaving through trees etc.

That all bieng said, I think we could get h2's through most of the h trails at kinzalows, we just need some h2's to come out next year who are willing to try.

Again, I've never been to moab in either rig, so I dont know how they compare out there, but I would be very hard pressed to belive there is an instant I could not follow and H2 out there.