View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Hummer Novice

furblog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thorparts.com H3 Rear Bumper review and install with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 006h3
Use a T15 torx wrench to install the trailer socket into the new location on the Thor bumper. Reach around from the bottom/back of the bumper and reconnect the wiring harness to the trailer socket. Once you have it reconnected, pull on the harness and make sure you have it locked back in good!

Bolt the d-ring mount and the d-ring itself back up to the vehicle using the 18mm and 24mm wrenches or sockets/ratchet and you are done.

Here are a few pics of my 3 with the bumper installed. Notice my 35" X-Terrain spare fits with no problems and has a little room for 37s maybe??? Hopefully I will have some action shots soon!

Since there is no provision on the Thor bumper for mounting the license plate bracket and I have not yet decided what to do about it, I just left my license plate light and harness dangling. Once I get something figured out for the license plate, I will post up some pics of whatever I end up doing with it. I have some ideas but I will probably end up purchasing this kit to mount it in the spare tire as suggested on the Thorparts.com site.

Awesome bumper. I always think to get the same bumper but I suck at picking the nice ones out of 10. The cuts were indeed great.