View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: H2 Bumpers faded...Here is your answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
I gotta tell you the Griot's Garage stuff still looks just as good as the day I put it on. It has not faded at all. My truck sits outside 24/7 as it no longer fits in the garage (37's+Lift+Roof Rack+ roof mounted spare=8'6") . The only wear it has is on top from me walking all over the bumper when climbing up to the roof rack. This is to be understood though as I am usually walking on it with muddy boots while offoad to get straps out of my roof mounted storage etc....

Just a little touch up will solve the problem. The front bumper looks great.

The white chalky stuff you see in the crevases is a compination of sun damage and wax debrise from washing. Even if you scrub your bumper it will still be faded and chalky when you are done. I whiped everything down with paint thinner beforehand to be sure it was 100% clean before I applied the Griots Garage Die.

This stuff is legit! Like I said before take your "Back to Black" and thow it in the trash.

X a GAZZILLION!!

I tried "Back to Black" which turned "Right to White" after about 3 washes. Then I read this post by HumminNBoatin and bought the Griot's Garage stuff and it worked great! It's been since Memorial Day ... through a lot of washing and even a Wheeling Trip to RC! It still looks like new and didn't fade at all!
This stuff get's High Scores! I loave it!!
Thanks HumminNBoatin!