View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Elcova Newbie

dmachine007 is on a distinguished road
Default First Hummer - Need help and advice!

All,

I recently purchased a 2003 H2 and already have problems. Mainly, the air suspension is not working and the air bags are deflated. I took the vehicle into a Hummer dealership thinking that something like this might be covered by the extended warranty I purchased. Negative....

I'm being told the air compressor needs to be changed and then all the lines have to be changed because the compressor is an updated version. They quoted $2300.

I've been reading through the old posts about suspension and coil springs. Can anyone offer up pros and cons for both? Has anyone used the strutmaster conversion kit in place of the air suspension? If so, what do you think? Ride quality? Ride height? The vehicle won't see extreme off roading or pulling heavy weight.

The dealership told me that if I put in the coil springs that the "level chime" would keep chiming and blinking. Is this true? Does anyone know how to disarm the chime? Also, does anyone know how to remove the "service air suspension" message off the dash if I choose the coil springs?

What do you you guys think? It seems like there are quite a few problems with the air suspension. I plan on keeping this vehicle for a while and don't want to have to deal with this again.

Thanks! I appreciate any help or advice.