View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thank God for 4 wheel drive!

I'm an older person too, and I've owned many 4 X4s. I got one of the first H3s when they came out in May of 2005 and drove it everywhere (including the Midwest to the Yukon) in all kinds of conditions and just loved it, so much so that like VV I bought an H2, but still miss the H3 (might have to get another H3 and be a two Hummer family). My son has the old H3 in Colorado and it's racked up 110,000 miles and going strong. He put Goodyear MT/Rs on it and likes the traction in snow, but he does notice that they are noisier than the ATs I had on it.
We've had a lot of snow in the Ozarks this winter and the Hummer has done very well. It's funny how friends come out of the woodwork when there's 10 inches of snow out and they need something. We have a lot of mud and gravel roads, so in the spring rains, I've had mud up to the rocker panels and driven through the creek by the house with almost 3 feet of water in it (it's only about 20 feet wide). I've owned a Jeep Wrangler and the Hummer does what the Jeep did in more comfort and with just as much or more capability, especially when it comes to water crossings. I think the blast of nasty weather we've had this winter is giving people a new respect for the Hummer and what they can do.

Last edited by HummerJim : 03-02-2010 at 02:01 PM.