View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The conversion has begun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerJim
As you know the trick is in all the details (take it from one who dropped a small block Chevy into an XKE when he was in his 20s)! Even with a custom oil pan the steering and front end suspension required some hair pulling. Never could fit the heater blower, so it ended up under the dash with a small Crosley unit and it took 4 months to track down a short that was draining the battery. From the pictures, it looks like your guy really has his sh** together.
It looks like he is doing a very thorough job. 3 - 4 weeks for shipping? You're not going to drive it cross country, make a vacation out of it, visit your Hummer friends on I70??? With the old one being Orange Crush, this one should be the Beast! You are going to have so much fun in that Hummer!

I'm not one for jerry rigging. I told the guy I do not care what it takes but don't fuk up my truck or there will be hell to pay. I never want to hear that they were "trying to save money" or whatever... I want it done RIGHT.

Having said that, I'm thrilled so far with the work being done, he seems as anal as I am so I honestly have no fears with what's being done.

Yeah, 3-4 weeks... it took me almost a month to get a carrier to get the truck out there.... hopefully it doesn't take as long getting back.

Mark