View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

finall is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My HUMMER progress thread- spare tire removal, light bar/lights, cameras, ETC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor

The sliverstar headlights just don't cut it!!

I've got the PIAA fogs installed and wired up, and I added HID headlights and LED DRL. The LEDs I got from retro solutions (same place as the HIDs) and are the best match I could find. I tried several bulbs from PIAA to generic in an attempt to better match the HIDs. No go!

The lights on your truck look great. I also tried Silverstars, and they are crappy. No better than the OEM lights. Really yellow light. Yikes!

Can you please post the brand and model/part # for the HID headlights, and also the part # for the PIAA fog lights. Link for the "retro solutions" store you speak of?

Did you have to modify anything to install the fog lights?

And how difficult was it to install the ballasts, etc. for the HID lights. Did you have to splice into the wiring harness, or did the kit had plug and play adapters?

Yes, lots of questions, but since I now plan to keep our H2 forever (since they aren't making more ), I would like to invest in the identical light setup to yours. Your advice is much appreciated!

The H2 needs better lights and horns!

Last edited by finall : 04-23-2010 at 07:05 AM.