View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 15 mpg for a normal road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled
I'm the same no matter what I do. Never noticed ethanol free fuel around here though.

Go to www.pure-gas.org and you can find gas stations that have 100% pure gasoline, NO ETHANOL. They are fare and few inbetween, but where I live, I am able to hit them in different parts of town. So many people are NOT getting good gas mileage, and the truth is, I dont care what kind of vehicle you have, if the gas has ethanol in it........thats where your mile per gallons are going. Get some Ethanol Free Premium Gas, run synthetic fluids, and bump up your tire pressure to 45 pounds.

I am sticking to my figures weither anyone wants to believe me, my 2007, the highest is 19mpg, and my 2008 the highest is 24mpg. My Hummers are both 100% stock ( no oversized tires, etc. )

The key thing is, keep it at 60mph ( most people dont drive 60mph ) and another big factor is depending on the area you live in. If you live where its a lot of hills, your tranny will most likely downshift quit often, which will raise your rpms, and use more fuel. If your on some pretty smooth highways where you can keep your engine at around 1,400rpms you would be amazed at how much better fuel economy you can get ( and I DONT go by the mile per gallon meter on the dash ) I hand calculate my miles per gallon.

The truth is.............I really dont care what kinda gas mileage it gets, cause I love them, and they are the best vehicles I have ever owned. But I have tested both of them to see what is the absolute BEST mpg I can get out of them.