View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Duramax conversion update....

Okay, here's hopefully the final update except for the one telling ya'll it's shipped.

Travis took the truck to Predator in the first few days of August. They did some work and because Predator does a lot of gov't contracts, the truck got kicked to the curb.

Then the guy was sick, then they had some foreign companies come tour the facility, blah, blah, blah.

At this point, I'm getting pissed. As of the beginning of Sept, it's been 7 months.

Travis got a phone call back from Josh yesterday. Josh says they are back on it and though he can't promise, he will do his best to have the truck completed by the end of next week.

They're going to finish fixing the wiring issues, then they made some suggestions for air intakes and tranny cooling other than what Travis had done.

At this point, Travis is as frustrated as I am and said "fine, make whatever changes you need to"

Though it's been long and frustrating, I'm glad Predator is going through it and making any necc. changes they feel it should have.

Once it goes back, Travis needs to install the hood, seats and wheels and supposedly she's done.

I sure hope so because after last weekend, here's my ride...

I was at VIR all day Thursday and Friday... this happened Saturday.

Fortunately I got my bike on the road after a 2 year long build so at least I have something to drive.

Mark