View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Cognito UCA dilema..

so about 3 weeks or so ago i installed my UCA's to:
A. strengthen the front end and
B. i have been chasing why my right side is pulling on the passenger side ( not alignment )

so today, i decided to try and chase why the right side keeps pulling, and noticed i have alot of play where the UCA conencts to the steering knuckle on the drivers side.

i must have hand tightened it to where i could get the cotter pin through and called it good. well rereading the install sheet, it calls for 75 ft lbs on it.

i got a cresent wrench on it and was able to tighten it down, but dont have a socket for my torque wrench that will fit under the UCA unless i pull the half shaft. another problem is the stud will move now since it is well greased.

i tightened it up the best i could and cotter pinned it.
im sure the passenger side has some play in it too.

so, besides a full tear down, how can i get it tightened?
im going to go pick up a socket for it, but nothing to stop the stud from spinning....

also, entertaining ideas on why it is pulling too.

started after i replaced the bearing hubs.
about 5 alignements have been done since then too. alignements are a little off, but not too bad. also rotated the tires too.
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193