View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cognito UCA dilema..

well i finally did a tear down on the passenger side.
all the way down to the hub, and removed it too.
also took a wire brush to every mating surface to remove any grime buildup and or rust that may cause an uneven mating surface.

after all put together, i did get some pulling, so i took it in for an alignment.
still pulls.....
this has always been a strong pull to the right.
even if the road crown is to the left, it will pull right.
If i was in the far left lane on a 3 lane hwy.. within 7 secs i would be fully in the 2nd lane and prolly crossing into the 3rd.
this only happens while the vehicle is moving. meaning, when i start the H2, the steering wheel doesnt jerk or anything.

so from here, i think i have narrowed it down to the hub.
i didnt get the pulling until i replaced the Hubs on both sides, and the tie rods.
at this point, i didnt have the UCA installed nor the shocks.
i had the steering dampner installed prior to this.
steering upgrades happened after the UCA was installed. PM/IM arms, and pivot bracket. all Moog parts.

so i think after all this, i just got a defective hub.
they were cheapies i got off ebay.. so maybe i will order a new one and send this one back..
my biggest decision right now is if i order just 1 or 2..
the job is so easy to do, it makes sense to replace both, even tho they are both new. i just keep these as backups ( once i get the defective one replaced).

i would like to throw some Timco's back in there, just would rather not spend $500 for a pair when im tryign to save up for a frnt/rear gear change or a complete header/exhaust replacement...

decisions decisions....

after all this, and i replace the Hub, if i still get the pulling, my next step is replacing the Fabtech HD tierods. even tho they are new(ish- put about 5k miles on them now)...
after that, the next part would be the halfshaft(s)..
after that, the whole steering knuckle..
after that.. bang my head against a wall......

Last edited by Hellz : 11-05-2010 at 09:54 PM.