View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP! steering pull issue!

tires have been rotated many times, and never made a difference in the pulling.

things i have rules out by either ripping apart and putting back together, replacing, or replacing the part i replaced with another brand.

Hubs
Brakes
Half Shaft on drivers side
Tie Rods
idler, pitman and pivoter arms
steering dampner
Lower ball joint on drivers side
Upper control arm with Cognito UCA
Shocks w/ the Bilistien that came with UCA
Sway Bar end links

tires have been rotated numerous times, and tires show no uneven wear at all.

since this problem started, i have had about 15 alignments done on this. yes.. 15.. smartest purchase i have made yet with my Tires Plus lifetime alignment.

prior to replacing the orignal hubs, i did not have any pulling issues at all.
the only thing done prior to that was the installation of the steering dampner.

after replacing the hubs, it was immediately noticable, before and after the alignment. i replaced the new hubs with Timke hubs afterwards. still pulls.

im running out of things that could be causing this.
i have either replaced the part, or removed the part all together, and the pulling still is present.

my next step is replacing the steering box, and maybe take a look at lowering my T bars a little. but need to keep some clearance for my 37 inch tires.
had the tires on prior to the pulling issue, and they drove straight.

/shrug
/wrist

and on my last rotation, the new half shaft that i just put in, found out the boot clamp broke, not put on correctly or whatever came loose and i have grease everywhere from it.
so i have to remove this and thinking of just putting my old one back as as there was nothign really wrong with it and just return this defective one and the new one i have for the passenger side. to me, if 1 out of 2 items i purchase is defective, then thats good enough cause for me to go with a different brank or store.
i purchased these from napa earlier this month. maybe about 500 miles on the new HS.

Last edited by Hellz : 12-27-2010 at 08:43 PM.