View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMERICH23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Group Buy for HID Bi-Xenon Headlights

The classics look very nice and have no problem fitting as you can see. They look pretty sweet. The light was ok but i was a little underwhelmed when driving with their performance. I talked to Ben and we did an experiment by me using my 55 watt ballast that i already had instead of the 35 watt that came with the set. As you can see from the 5th picture down, the LHL had 55watt ballast vs RHL with 35 watt. The 6th picture down has both headlights with 55watt Ballast. I think these headlights def need the 55watt ballast to put enough light to be good. The HID light was supposed to be 6000k but they were way too blue when driving and were not good especially with snow around. I think the HIDs i got were actually more 10000k. When i was testing them briefly last night it was snowing and the headlights got covered with snow and alot of the light was blocked and it seemed like i had no headlights. I had to flip on my Rigid LEDs which kick ass! I feel like the Modern HIDs i had first had a bigger lens and the light output seemed stronger. As stated before my motivation for the Classics were they are DOT approved.
What i learned is they 100% DO FIT, you need H4-9007 Adapter and I think you need a 55 watt ballast to be considered good for the classics. If you don’t care about DOT compliance, then i think Moderns are the way to go. Obviously the color does matter of the light, 5000-6000k being the ideal colors. I am undecided if i am going to keep these or return them. I am not crazy about having to modify them to make them good. Please message me with any questions.

Last edited by HUMMERICH23 : 01-10-2011 at 05:01 AM.