View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Elcova Newbie

PacNWAg98 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie here: Question on tires & wheels

Hi guys -
I will officially be an H3 owner in 30 days! I'm completely new to offroading, and any auto-mods, so I am a total rookie/newbie here in every sense. Any help you can provide is greatly appreicated. (have also posted this on a couple of other Hummer forums - can provide the compile feedback if anyone is interested)

Have been reading this forum, along with Hummer X Forum for the last few months, and love all the great info and photos that you all provide. Some awesome rigs out there!!

After a lot of research, I am beginning to feel somewhat comfortable with what I want to do to start customizing my H3 to truly make it my own - and yes, I love the search feature on here! This will be my daily driver, so want to ensure it is a comforntable ride, but also plan to take the wife and kids off-roading on a lot of the mountain/forest roads that are here in Washington state - can't wait to get that thing dirty!!

Having said that, I am about to hit the ORDER button on a new set of 5 (can't forget the spare!) tires and wheels, so that they'll be here & ready to install the day my H3 arrives. I want to make 100% sure what I am buying makes sense and will fit on my 2009 H3 (that will pretty much be 100% stock when arrives).

Here is what I am looking at buying: 1) 35/12.5/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...&ar=1250&rd=17 &sw=false&cs=35) , AND 2) XD Spy 17x8 with 6x5.5 bolt pattern (http://www.tirepackage.com/Wheels/XD...PXD79778068318)
Note: Am planning to level it out with t-bar crank to ~24 inches.
Can anyone confirm that all of the above will work on my H3?

Based on what I've read, seems there may be some slight rubbing at full turn. However, I have not read anywhere that this will cause damage to the vehicle.

Again, thank you for any help you can provide!

DAVE (future H3 owner & forum contributor)

~ As I said, I love the search feature on the forums, and realize there are tons of wheels and tires threads already out there - trust me, I have read a ton of them! So thanks for letting me add one more to the list ~

Last edited by PacNWAg98 : 03-13-2011 at 12:34 AM.