Thread: Hummer wave
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hummer wave

A few days after I bought my truck I got a wave from a guy in another H2 and I thought "Okay...this is going to be like the Harley-thing...cool." Years and several attempts later I've only got about three or four other waves.

I've found that most dudes driving stock H2s seem to be oblivious. Granted the windows are usually tinted, so it's hard to see for sure, but there seems to be zero effort. Most of my waves, nods, compliments have come from dudes driving modded H2s. Too bad there's not more of them around my area...

And I don't think most women drivers even 'get' the concept. I say most, and not all. I had one pull up next to me just the other day (in a truck that looked like mine, but stock) and yell in my window "Nice fukin' truck, man!" She got the concept...and a wave.

H3 owners...? I don't know what's up with those dudes. I think most of them in my area suffer from the I5 Complex, Hood Handle Envy, or are Marker Light Wannabes. I've never gotten a wave, nod, smile, or anything from those guys.

And there's only about three H1s that I know of around my way...I get the thumbs up from the dude in the white M1165 with the lift and the 42s every time. I haven't seen the other two on the road yet...so we'll see.

But I agree with gasman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman
You've also got to understand that a fair amount of other HUMMER drivers who aren't HUMMER enthusiasts (a driver and enthusiast are not the even the same animal) don't share the same feeling of brotherhood that we all do. There loss.

gasman

Last edited by guruerror : 10-24-2011 at 07:57 PM.