View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale
Default Seriously thinking of selling my 03 H2 for a Delica - thoughts / flames

Had my 03 H2 for almost 8 years, and although I still love the looks and ride I'm seriously thinking of selling it for a Jap 4x4 (the Delica). WHY?

Cause I'm sick of spending on average $700 a month on gas - and I'm really not even driving that far. But with 2 kids in hockey, there are 4 games every weekend, and every 2nd one is on average 1 hour away. That, combined with local driving and the odd 4 hour drive, I'm spending $700 a month.

I do offroad the H2 occassionaly, but not enough to justify a $700/mth gas bill. So I'm really spending that money for nothing but the status of riding a nice looking and unique vehicle.

That's why I'm thinking of the Delica. Yes it is ugly, but so ugly that it is almost nice, and it sure is unqiue (I hate common vehicles). Plus the Delica has a diesel which gets incredible mileage, but can also run on waste vegetable oil (so it is free if I go that way). And it can seat 7 plus tons of cargo space still - and it can offroad too.

So what's your thoughts. Anyone on here gotten fed up enough that they got ride of their H2 for a fuel economy vehicle? Did you regret it afterwards?

Oh, another vehicle I'm considering is the xB. It too is so ugly that it is almost nice (even kind of looks like a mini Hummer, being box like and all). Oh, did I say that here - oops, now I'm sure to get flamed.