View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seriously thinking of selling my 03 H2 for a Delica - thoughts / flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockStar
$1.72 in the spring of 2003 vs. $4.26 in July of 2008. Please explain to me how that's "as expensive then as it is now"

Cause the cost of living has gone up also. Did you make the same amount in 2010 as you did in 2003? If you?re like most people, you?re making a ****load more than you were then. (not because it?s worth more, inflation drives the numbers up...)

Quote:

Show of hands here...who was driving their Hummer back in 2006-2008 while making minimum wage? Anybody? My earlier point was simple. The price of gas now vs. back then is what is driving people to get rid of their gas hungry vehicles. If you buy a gas hungry vehicle today...you know the deal.

Really? Did you really think I was making the point that someone on minimum wage was driving an H2 in 2003? Don?t be stupid. I was making the point that inflation has driven not only the cost of gas up but everything else too... including wages.

I was making the point gas was a major expense based on income back in 2003. Yes, it was less, but so was the income level.

Let?s just agree that the H2 is a gas pig. Well, yours is.

I?ll continue to drive my 20mpg on the highway H2....

Mark