View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 38" rear spare tire

well...if i go with a matching spare, then i need to find someone that will sell me 1 wheel. which will be around 200-250 bucks. then get it sand blasted and powdercoated, which will be around 100 bucks. then the tire which will be around 400 bucks. so 700-800 bucks for the 1 spare tire....in a 38" with a 20" wheel.

i dont have room...or really want to take up the space in the truck to put the tire by the 3rd row seat. i have 2 big rottweilers that i take everywhere and need that space. so putting it inside is out ofthe question.

i really dont do any offroading with my truck. i live 5 minutes from where i work. dont really take it on long trips. so maybe not having a spare at all will be the better, cheaper , route to go......

i know my license plate frame on the truck doesnt have lights or holes in it to mount to...its on the cover of my spare tire. so that needs changed out. and ill need the new tow hook for the spot where the swing arm is. other than that.....i dont think theres much else to change.