View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone buy used ring and pinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdingah
Mark,

Why are you considering going to something as steep as a 5.38 with the diesel? I would think that with 40's and the diesel's torque a 4.56 or possibly a 4.88 would be plenty of gear.

I've talked to Travis about converting my truck, Nathan at MPI about a compound setup for it and Guy at SoCal diesel about a stroker and Stage 2 heads...they've all recommended going with a 4.88 with the 41.5" Pit Bulls I plan on running.

5.38 just seems like a LOT of gear.

Actually the main reason is because since I put the 40?s on, I?ve lost about 3 mpg.

I remember on both of my H2?s, when I put 36?s on, I lost like 3 mpg and when I installed the 4.56?s, I got at least 2 mpg better mileage.

I just figured since I lost about 3 mpg with the tire increase, a steeper gear would bring back to where I was.

Stupid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr
Hi Orangecrush or Mark is a stand up guy and would never rip someone off, if he says their good used gears their are. Also used gears are fine as long as they are set up correct when they were install. Make sure the installing knows what the FU-K he's doing. I have installed used gears in lots of trucks and cars that are still on the road for many years after the install.

Trace,

Thanks man, much appreciated but I don?t think Tyler was calling me sketchy, I was just mess in? with him. (seemed funnier in my head)

Mark